Saturday 23 July 2011

Getting Started

Well, I'm here. That's a start. This will be a place for me to share my musings, as crazy and at times entertaining as they may be, with you (whomever you may be). A bit about me, I suppose to start:

I am Kaz (Kasemer) Hawrylak, I'm a 19 year old Canadian college student, currently working as a radio DJ in Fort Frances Ontario over the summer, and studying Liberal Arts at Fanshawe College in London Ontario.

If you're interested in the radio aspect of my life, I apologize but that's not what I'm here to talk about.


I believe it's important that we connect with the world. In the 21st century we face a massive disconnect between the developing and developed worlds. This disconnect's disappearance is of the utmost importance if you look at development of underdeveloped countries as something necessary for continued human survival (it is just that). Somewhere along the line, we've just stopped giving a f@!&. That's what it comes down to, in simple terms. I can call to mind a recent article from The Onion that basically talked about just that: not caring about other human lives. I'll link to it below. It seems we're no longer shocked when massive tragedies strike. Why? A gradual desensitization to tragedy maybe? That's possible, but I think personally it comes down to losing track of the reality we currently face on Earth. We're all essentially the same. Black, white, brown, yellow, whatever your skin colour, you're a human being. When many people die in a tragedy, we may now be shocked for a while, and the tragedy serves as a reminder of the frailty of human life, but that quickly fades and we go straight back to not caring. I plan to expand on this in future work, as this is just an introduction (I know right? The kid just doesn't shut up!). Anyway, welcome, have a look around, and feel free to spark a conversation if you feel so inclined.

The Onion:
http://www.theonion.com/articles/deaths-of-20000-japanese-afford-planet-solid-15-mi,19785/

"Deaths of 20000 Japanese Afford Planet Solid 15 Minutes In Which Everyone Acts Like A Human Being"

No comments:

Post a Comment